Just wanted to repost this since I originally posted it earlier in December. These are still my favorite books of the year.
Umm. I feel like this isn't a lot of favorites. I usually rate higher. But I know I have endless Graphic Novel favorites but those will be in a separate post. Not in order of how I'd rank them
1. Angelfall- Love this though Bone Season better. I could not put World After on the list as it just wasn't as good.
2. Two Boys Kissing- Boy did I love this book. Seriously. About two teen boys who do a marathon kissing session for a world record. Really, If you like GLBT run and get this. So beautiful
3. The Bone Season- Better than Angelfall. Just freaking amazing. Dying for the next book.
4. The Albino Album- GLBT (Lesbians). OMG this book blew my mind. There are no words to describe it. LOVE.
5. Santa Olivia- Liked the first one best but really liked the 2nd as well though didn't list it as a favorite. Highly recommened. GLBT. (Boy, I read a bunch of good GLBT books this year!)
6. A Natural History of Dragons- This really surprised me. A Victorian era woman learns about Dragons. Loved this. The second book in the series is coming in 2014. Can't wait.
7. The Reluctant Cannibals- People, this book was so f ing funny. Absolutely a hoot. A secret dining society ends up sort of trying one of their members. Must read. LOVED this. Can't wait to see if this author has other work coming out.
8. When Women Were Warriors 1: The Warriors Path- Another GLBT book. Almost no men in the book. Beautiful, slowing, gentle and no anxiety (ok not much). The second book is good too. Haven't gotten to the third in the series yet.