Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia

Dinosaurs! Learn About Dinosaurs and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn!

Dinosaurs! Learn About Dinosaurs and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Dinosaurs) - Wolff,  Becky

4 Stars, Borrow it

Now for something different with the Look and Learn series. My son is 4 years old and is completely into Dinosaurs right now so I thought I’d review this one today.

Needless to say I can’t really judge photos as there are no dinosaurs around and a lot of what they look like is speculation.  Some images still are small and hard to see. Why bother then?  I feel like I’m being a little mean but couldn’t they find a better way of saying this: “Dinosaurs lived on the earth a very long time ago. They are all dead now.” Not sure why that bothers me but it does.

This one was really strong on facts. Though still a lot of the pictures were small and hard to read. But I still wouldn’t buy it, there are much better books on Dinosaurs (such as National Geographic Kids Book on Dinosaurs).

Did you know?

The word dinosaur comes from the Greek Language and means ‘terrible lizard’. I did not know this.

The first dinosaur to be formally named was the Megalosaurus in 1824. Another fact I didn’t know.

Dinosuar fossils have been found on every continent of earth, including Antartica. (I did know this, as I have a child who loves the show Dinosaur Train).

Over 1000 different species of dinosaurs have been discovered.