Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia

Jellyfish! Learn About Jellyfish and Enjoy Colorful Pictures

Jellyfish! Learn About Jellyfish and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Jellyfish) - Becky Wolff

4 Stars, Borrow

So my anecdote for jellyfish since I seem to have a lot of them for these Look and Learn reviews. Before I married my husband, we went to Mexico for a few days and stayed at one of those all inclusive places (NEVER again but that’s a different story).  We were in the ocean and I felt this stinging on my back and Jeff (my now husband) said to me oh you have blue bubblegum on your back. Uh, no. I knew it wasn’t. It turns out it was a small jellyfish. It hurt like hell but I wasn’t freaked out. We looked up what type it was and we determined it was a Portugese Man of War (I think). Anyway that is all just figured I’d mention it.

Very interesting pictures of Jellyfish and some are really spectacular. I picked this one since I’ve been doing almost all mammal ones and thought it would be fun to do one that was a little different. I’ve done most of the mammal ones anyway.  Photos were really good for the series but honestly learning about the Jellyfish really kind of bored me. But it is a pretty good little informative little book for kids so its worth a read.

Did you know?

There are stinging and non stinging types of Jellyfish

Jellyfish have been on earth for millions of years, even before dinosaurs

Jellyfish don’t have brains (I knew that)

Male and female jellyfish both lay eggs

Sea turtles love the taste of jellyfish