Merry Meerkat Marginalia

SPOILER ALERT!

Dragon Prince

Dragon Prince - Melanie Rawn

Star Rating: 5 Stars, buy it

Self purchase for kindle. Re-read review.

This is the series that got me hooked on fantasy about 20 years ago when I was 20.  I used to not re-read books but as I get older, I find myself wanting to re-read some of my favorites. And as these don’t have reviews, I will just do re-read reviews. But since it’s been SO long since I’ve read these, its almost like reading them for the first time.  I do remember certain things of these series because it made such a huge impression on me at the time.

Originality:  Even after reading years of fantasy after this series, I have yet to find anything like this series. I just LOVE the sunrunners and their abilities.  SPOILER ALERT: Of course, the whole male rape thing is still rarely used and while I knew it was going to happen it was still a bit of a shock. Then technically Rohan rapes a princess but the thing is she wanted him, so it wasn’t rape. But they called it rape. Very odd. But it didn’t bother me.

Rohan- I of course love this male character. The thing I like most about him is that he loves dragons and doesn’t want them killed. I also love that he’s intellectual. Maybe be played by Bradd Pitt in a movie?  Sioned of course is amazing and strong. She soooo should be played by Nicole Kidman in a movie!!!

I am so glad I finally got around to re-reading this. It was as good as I remembered.  What I hadn’t remembered was what a freaking emotional roller coaster ride it was.  I think I’m going to have a book hangover with this.  So bloody amazing. This is why I got sucked into the fantasy genre.  I can’t wait to re-read the second one!!