Merry Meerkat Marginalia

merrymeerkatmarginalia

Desmond Pucket and the Mountain Full of Monsters

Desmond Pucket and the Mountain Full of Monsters - Mark Tatulli

5 Stars buy it

Netgalley review- reading on iphone

I really wish Netgalley would make it more obvious when a book is not the first in the series. Not a big deal as I’ve discovered some awesome stuff this way but when you know you have limited time, knowing its a sequel help stop requesting books I don’t necessarily have time for.  In anycase, another issue more netgalley related than book related is that this is categorized as graphic novel. It really isn’t, it’s a story with illustrations. Huge difference.

First Impression: Starts of hysterically.  Really cute, what I hoped Diary of a Whimpy kid was but wasn’t. Hopefully that made sense.

Very cute story of a boy who of suffers the normalcies of school hell. So glad I’m not that age anymore.  Desmond, is the main character. After going through some school stuff he gets a scaring people business going. There is a bunch of scaring people. Lots of young teenager anxst but its all good and it even has a happy ending.  The illustrations are quite good and better than Diary of a Whimpy Kid. They actually look like they were drawn by an 11 year old though I’m sure they weren’t.  The plot is a little anxiety provoking as it recalls the horrors of school LOL. While this is the second in the series, you really don’t need to have read the first one to enjoy this.   Highly recommend- especially if you were dissapointed by Diary of a Whimpy Kid.