Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Roc Upchurch

Star Rating Art:  5 Stars

Star Rating Story: 5 Stars

Netgalley review.

First Impression: Love the art. Only a few pages in and I’m laughing already.

OMG. This book. Rat Queens is unbelievably fantastic. Wowzers. I’m completely blown away. The art is amazing, full of details and full of color.  The characters are beautifully portrayed both with the writing and the art. I Love Betty.  She has awesome lines and she likes girls. Also, very cute. All of the “rat queens” are awesome but Betty definitely tops the list. I think after Betty, Hannah is next favorite. She’s cute and sulky.I LOVE there are people who aren’t white bread. Love the dog that appears with green horns. Love everything about this. The writing is hysterical. It’s full of amazing quotes, most of which I believe are Betty’s.   I don’t think I’ll be able to wait for the next volume to read, I may have to subscribe to the individual comic issue. But I have so much to read we will see if I do that. If you love elves, goblins, trolls and strong women and of course graphic novels, you must RUN to read this. Freaking awesome!!

Warnings: Moderate amount of very funny and original cussing.

Quotes:  “I’m really hotter than a dragon getting his dick tickled.”

“ We like pushing things out of our bodies as much as we like putting things in ‘em”

"You put an arrow in my favorite boob fuckwitt!"

“Ugh, I feel like Unicorn doo. What’s for breakfast?”

“Let’s get stabby!”