Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Saga, Volume 3 - Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples

Overall: 5 Stars

Star Rating Art: 5 Stars

Star Rating Story:  5 Stars

Self Purchase for Kindle.

“Would one of you overgrown condom failures kindly remove the dead fucking dragon from my runway?” - Best.Quote. Ever.

BOOM. Sky rocketing anxiety from the beginning. But in a good way. Means this will rock.

I waited forever for this!!    I didn’t think it was possible but Marko’s mother becomes more annoying and impossible. I really should have re-read vols 1 and 2 before reading this for a refresher but I didn’t so now I barely remember what is going on.  The “praying” scene in chapter 15 is hysterical.  I love the character wraith.  I love that there are gay characters (I’d be happier if they were lesbians or even better, bisexuals who get no press). But anyway, this volume is just as good as the first two volumes.  And it seems like the ending would be the finale but I’m pretty sure it’s not.  It will be interesting to see where the next volume picks up.  I suppose I’m going to have to wait a while.  I really don’t feel like reviewing individual comics.   I highly recommend this series if you aren’t reading it yet.

This volume is full of awesome quotes:  (see below)

Quotes:  “This haunted skull is eating my brain!!”

“bookgasm”

“Because the only journalists that deserve killing are sports writers.”