Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia

Divergent- Old review

Divergent - Veronica Roth

This is from last year but never got posted. So I'm adding it now.

Star Rating: 3 ½ Stars

Self Purchase for Kindle.

A cross between Hunger Games and Bone Season. Only not as good. It’s definitely a page turner and a fun read but it’s just not up to The Hunger Games or the Bone Season.

My problems with this book include the fact that there doesn’t seem to be any explanation for why there are these factions. There’s no background, no history. Weird.  Unless I completely missed it? Another problem with the book, there’s almost no adults in the book. What the heck? It’s not believable in this book. It was in the Hunger Games and It was in the Bone Season, i just don’t buy it in this book.

Characters:  Triss is believable and awesome, Four rocks but they are the only characters I cared at all about. Will and Christina though are a bit on the lame side, no depth.

Writing: Seriously, you have to write “That Makes no Sense” I understand this isn’t high literature. But correct english would be nice.

Overall not a bad book and I definitely want to read more, but needs a little work I thought.

Quotes: “I think I’ve finally learned how to stop losing. I just need to stop people from punching me in the jaw.”

“You’re not a coward just because you don’t want to hurt people”

“YOu shouldn’t bully people into agreeing with you”- Maybe the Tea party needs to read this.

“I might be in love with you. I’m waiting until I’m sure to tell you though.”