Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia

Fables Vol. 19 (Fables (Graphic Novels))

Fables, Vol. 19: Snow White - Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham Fables 19 Netgalley review.

Rating this volume is hard. The first 50 pages with Bufkin sucked. so 2 stars there.
The story line with Snow White, 5 Stars, but the art I would give 3.5 Stars. That would average to 3.5  but I’m going to round up to 4 stars since the story with Snow is JUST THAT GOOD.

First Impression:  The two page chapters are annoying.

SPOILERS!!

Plot/Storyline: Since the last volume was about the cubs, I feel like I’ve been dropped in without any explanation so I’m confused as to what is going on. I stopped reading the first pages with Bufkin cause it was really annoying and didn’t have much to do with the rest of fableland.  Glad I didn’t pay for this so far.

Chapter one of Snow White- Starts with one of the cubs narrating. Not sure how I feel about this artist, Things take an interesting turn **with the return of Snow’s first husband. I am NOT liking the artist for these.

Chapter two of Snow white- Snow’s original bethroded, is a giant sexist ass who needs to be punched in the face.  Also going on is Geppetto’s bethrolal to a fairy. But that story I don’t care about. It’s not bad, but i’m dying to know what is going to happen with Snow.

Chapter three of Snow White- GULP! Poor Snow White! The stress with the “husband” continues. Fortunately, Ghost is here to help snow. Bigby comes in for the rescue. Won’t say more cause I don’t want to give away everything.

Chapter Four: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Art/Colors:  I’m not liking the artist they used for this volume.  I don’t know if this is the same person Fables normally uses, but this just isn’t doing it for me.

Highly recommended if you read the Fables series despite my issues with it.

Warnings: There is a bunch of cuss words, but that doesn’t bother me any. Other people might have issue with it though.