Merry Meerkat Marginalia

merrymeerkatmarginalia
SPOILER ALERT!

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Star Rating: 5 Stars (more if I could)

Self Purchase for Kindle. Re-read review.

DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE BOOK.!! I MEAN IT.

This is easiest, my favorite of all of the Harry Potter books.   I’m finding it really hard to say why. It just is. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince provokes the biggest emotional response from me for pretty obvious reasons.  This is my 2nd re-read of the series, 3rd time overall reading it.  I still feel like someone in real life was killed .

When Dumbledore dies, its like part of ones soul dies. He always loved Harry, he always took care of Harry.  This book is utter perfection. I want to rage and scream. How can Rowling have killed Dumbledore? But honestly, it sort of had to happen.    I’m still in shock from this book so I’m not sure what else to say.  Damn Rowling is good.

(show spoiler)

I’d also like to say I used to never re-read books. But recently, I find myself doing it a bunch.  I will always go back to the Harry Potter series because they are so freaking magical.  I will start the final novel on my commute home from work.  I am definitely suffering from Book hangover, even though this is a re-read.

MORE SPOILERS

Likes

How Fudge is sacked at the beginning of the book. HA.

LOVE how much Dumbledore is in this one

Harry and Ginny FINALLY get together.

Ron and Hermoine are closer to getting together.

Forgotten

That snape finally gets the teaching Dark Arts position

that Snape is the Half Blood Prince

Don’t like

How obsessed Harry is with Malfoy the entire book. (Turns out, there’s a good reason for it though)

(show spoiler)