Merry Meerkat Marginalia

SPOILER ALERT!

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  - J.K. Rowling

Star Rating: 5 Stars

This is a re-read review. My third time reading the series, first time reading them all back to back.   Kindle Version in case anyone is wondering.

Of course this starts with a bunch of anxiety that builds and builds and builds and then (SPOILER) the Weasley’s rescue Harry in spectacular form. Seriously, even though this is my third time reading it, it put a huge ass grin on my face.  Harry’s parting line to the Dursley’s is fantastic. And I love how Harry loves The Weasley’s house. And of course the way Ron and Harry arrive at Hogwarts this year is totally classic.  And of course the Mandrakes are freaking awesome.   Love it when Dobby gets set free. And poor Hermoine and Ginny!

“Deliberately causing mayhem in Snape’s potion class was about as safe as poking a sleeping dragon in the eye”- HA.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

Characters:  I want to smack Lockhart, he is seriously annoying.  Dobby is annoying but he grows on you.

Just as good as the first one, and I’m glad  reread it though anxiety sky rocked in several places. When I’m done with World After, I think I’m on to the third one.