Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia
Justice League of America #1 (New 52 Justice League of America, #1) - Geoff Johns,  David Finch Star Rating Art: 3 Starts
Star Rating Story: 2 Stars

Netgalley review.

Initial Comments: I must state that I don’t know anything about the Justice League, but I wanted to read this out of curiosity. I did read a preview of Injustice League Volume 1 and liked that. I wasn’t really thinking these were the same thing (I have been away from comics for a long time). Am happy Batman and Wonderwoman appear to be part of it. I like how there are intros to all of the heros. This is really helpful.

Parts of the story are ok but parts are horrible and I couldn't always tell what was going on. The book is a mess and the plot is all over the place.

Art/Colors: Really? The kiss between Wonderwoman and Superman looks terrible. It doesn’t look like a passionate kiss, just an overacting kiss. I wasn’t even sure it was them. The quality of the edownload wasn’t great, I don’t know if it’s deliberate or not so I can’t really tell how bad the art is. But the coloring seems ok..

Not sure who this Steve person is but he seems overly military and muscly.. Of course that could be the point. But I take notes as I read. I am liking Hawkman and Katana. Stargirl or whatever her stupid name is, is annoying and gives women a bad name. Matrian Manhunter also seems cool. Signal man? The writers couldn’t come up with a better name?

I wouldn’t bother reading this, it’s a waste of time.

Quotes: “I got turned around looking for a litter box.”- Catwoman