Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl/Dr. Manhattan - J. Michael Straczynski, Adam Hughes, Joe Kubert Got this as an ARC copy from netgallery. Should also state never finished The graphic Novel The Watchmen as I got bored and hated the artwork. That being said, I did read enough to understand each character a little. Art is much better in this book than the original. Enjoying the story much better than the original.
All the stories (so far) seem to be well written. I am enjoying the social commentary as well. Like most of the characters of Watchmen, Nite Owl is exteremely complicated. You also learn some more on Roscharch as well. The Twilight Lady is a bit confusing but amusing, especially with all of the sex jokes.
I really like Jon, aka Dr. Manhattan. However, I'm really confused by all the time travel and science bits. I'm plugging along but I need breaks to read other graphic novels before working on the three others in the series. It gets better when they start talking about Morloch for the last few issues