Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia
Fables Vol. 16: Super Team - Bill Willingham It’s been a bit since I’ve read some of the Fables. I’ve been reading lots of other graphic novels.
Will try to catch up to the series (almost there) so I can concentrate on some of the other series I am reading.

Star Rating Art: 5 Stars
Star Rating Story:: 3.5 or 4 Stars

Purchase for my Kindle.

The Ascent- I love Frankie, the talking head. But I don’t really remember where he came from. The mirror is also funny. I Love Bufkin meeting the squirrel. This issue reminds me of Dr. Seuss for some reason. I also really like how it switches from dull to bright colors. This turns out to be my favorite story in the collection.

Chapter 1- Average story line, it’s just a set up for the next few issues. They are searching for a superhero team. 3 Stars for story, 5 for Art.

Chapter 2- Opens with Snow White and Bigby naked, so I was amused. The hunt for Superheros to defeat Mister Dark Continues. Northwind continues to hunt for the invisible last child of Bigby and Snow White. Story 4 Stars

Chapter 3- Looks like there might be a bunch of references to Xmen, but no. Just a few hints. 4 for Story, 5 stars art.

Chapter’s 4 and 5- Didn’t have anything to say about either of these. A seriously anti-climatic end. I’d even go as low as 3 or 3.5 stars for the story ending.

Waking Beauty- I feel like I missed a volume or something, don’t remember sleeping beauty being around in a long time. I do find the sign outside of her sleeping place that is being held by a guard cute and amusing. The little green men (mayne Gnomes or more likely Goblins?) are cute. This one was very interesting story wise though maybe a touch boring at the beginning. Interesting to see where this one might go.