Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia
Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family - Scott Snyder,  Greg Capullo,  Jonathan Glapion Star Rating Art: 5 Stars
Star Rating Story: 5 Stars

Netgalley review.

I just want to state for the record how much I HATE THE NUMBERING and renumbering and renaming of all of the DC comics series. Seriously, for someone who spent time away from comics and then came back, I can’t freaking tell which series this Volume of Batman belongs to. At first I thought this Batman Volume 3 belongs with the Court of Owls, now i’m not so sure. Seriously DC comics, CUT IT OUT. Eh em. Rant over. But seriously, can anyone tell me which books are before Volume 3? I’d like to go back and read them even if it isn’t necessary for reviewing this.

Plot/Storyline/Writing: Intense, very creepy. very good. SPOILERS: Alfred is taken by the Joker!! Am loving the story line. Joker scares the crap out of me. Pardon my language but Joker is a sadistic F*&K!!! Joker claims to know who everyone is and plans on killing them all. Dancing scene, creepy. Scott Snyder does an amazing job with Joker. I couldn’t believe (well, not really) that he is also the author of American Vampire. I obviously really like his writing. Complete Page turner.

Art/Colors: Love the font used when Joker is talking. Art isn’t perfect but that’s because it’s a netgalley copy I assume. When this comes out (In Oct I believe) I will try to reread with having read the previous volumes, assuming I ever figure that out. Note to self. When blurry copy, redownload from netgalley. Art for Joker is fantastic. Actually, all of the art is. Kinda discusting in parts though.

Characters: Joker is scary as crap. EEK Harley!! Harley, totally hot. Even if she’s a bad girl.

Notes: page 37 in my ecopy from netgalley appears to be missing. Not sure if deliberate or not.

Cover: The cover is incredibly creepy, which actually helped draw my attention to it.
Spoilers

Quotes: “Polycephaly. It’s not as Uncommon as you Think-” I think Commisoner Gordan
“ Your Galahads, and Gawains and Goons Oh My.”- Joker

Seriously, I really really enjoyed this. I’m sad that (I think) it’s over. Absolutely amazing. Now I will have to go back and read some other Batman.