Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Lumberjanes #16

Lumberjanes #16 - Shannon Watters

5 Stars, BUY BUY BUY!

Self Purchase, Comixology

Honestly, I know I say this a lot but I’m confused again about who is who. Ugh I need recaps people! Also, I need a better memory. Anyway, Rosie is telling Jen about when Rosie and Abigail were in camp together, before Abigail became the Bear Woman. Meanwhile, the girls (ok and boys) are being herded by talking wolves. Rosie, Jen and the girls are reunited.   I won’t say more than that as it’s a rockin issue and I want everyone to enjoy it.

So overall, this issue kicks some butt! And I mean big time. I can’t tell you how much I love the girl campers. Even Jen is growing on me. And it’s so freaking funny!!  As a side note, I first got introduced to this series via Humble Bundle. At first I didn’t love the art, though now I’m totally fine with it (though it’s still maybe a B not an A). And at first I only liked it ok. But boy how this series has grown on me. The plot is exceedingly original, the characters are a freaking hoot! Plus, as always, I LOVE when GLBT characters are portrayed normally.

The only downside to this is that I’m reading it on my computer and it’s blown up so its a tad blurry.  I’m still hoping I can get more save back up versions via humble bundle at some point.

But overall, freaking awesome series and I just can’t recommend it enough!

Description (Comixology): Which side does Jen choose, Abigail or Rosie?! While Abigail tries to lure a monster out so she can kill it (which is all kinds of crazy), Jen goes to the bearwoman for help.