Merry Meerkat Marginalia

The Autumnlands: Tooth + Claw #2

Tooth & Claw #2 The Autumnlands Floor Display Variant - Kurt Busiek

5 Stars, Buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology

Overall, really very good. I love all the animal characters. I love the art. There really isn’t much to complain about really other than the issues are too short. But I’m glad I’ve found a new ongoing series to read. I highly recommend this. It can be a little violent in places, but I’m not against violence as it isn’t unneccesary and is definitely part of the story. When my son is older and can read, I will definitely recommend this series to him. But honestly it might be too complicated for children, but it is a fantastic read for adults. Definitely buy and read this series.  Also, the end of this issue shows some extra sketches which I find to be really nice.

My summary: The champion they were expecting turns out to be human. (All the characters are animals).  He helps save the group of mixed animals from the herd of bison that attacked. The animals are stranded outside of the city and have to make due.

Description (Comixology): After the shattering disaster last issue, the Great Champion of ancient legend is reawakened. And things get worse.