Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia

Usagi Yojimbo: Yokai

Usagi Yojimbo: Yokai - Stan Sakai

Overall: 2.5 stars, don’t bother

Story: 2 Stars

Art: 3 Stars

Self Purchase, Humble Bundle.

First Impression: like the art well enough

Very simplistic story line . Expected more from this. I know this is meant for kids but I like kids stuff and just don't think this is all that great. It didn’t need to be this simplistic for kids.Dialogue was unexciting and everything was pretty predictible.   Also it was really short. The art was better than the story but not by much. I don’t think I’ll read more of these unless they are included in an awesome Humble Bundle again.

Description (Comixology): Yokai are the monsters, demons, and spirits of Japanese folklore, such as the shape-changing kitsune, the obakeneko demon cats, and the evil oni ogres. Usagi faces all these and more when a desperate woman begs for his help in finding her kidnapped daughter. Tracing the abducted girl deep into the forest, Usagi finds it haunted by creatures of Japanese legend and discovers that they are amassing for a great raid on the countryside! Fortunately, Usagi is joined by Sasuke the Demon Queller, who is also fighting to prevent the invasion, but things aren't always as they seem, especially when dealing with the supernatural!