Merry Meerkat Marginalia

JEM & THE HOLOGRAMS #3 - IDW Comics

5 Stars, Buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology

Spoilers!

I definitely appreciate the cast list again since I’m terrible with names. I love the florescent 80’s colors. Love the art. Hmmm interesting twist, a girl from Misfits (Stormer?)  dating girl from Jem (Kimber). Sort of. YEAY for GLBT characters!  Though sooner or later Kimber’s bandmates will find out who she’s dating. Oddly enough I sorta like Pizzaz, even though she’s a member of Misfits. She’s funny when she’s mad. Meanwhile, Jerrica and Rio are hitting it off on their first date. And the Misfits are about to cause trouble for Jem.

Overall, I think this was the best issue so far.  I may have lowered my rating of previous issues because I’m a teeny bit embarrased about how much I like this.  Not that I need other people to like something for me to like it, but I was reading the letters section at the end of this issue and there are a bunch of people who are totally loving this like I am.  I don’t think I’m going to go back and change my ratings, but I feel like it wouldn’t be fair to not give this issue 5 stars. Awesome job people (just too bad the trailer for the movie looks like utter crap). Anyway, if you were a fan of Jem in the 80’s and even if your not, this really is an awesome comic.

Description (Comixology): Hot off their video win, Jem and the Holograms perform at the Starlight Foundation's annual fundraiser—-but the Misfits, anxious the Holograms' overnight success, plan to bring them down.