Merry Meerkat Marginalia

The Wicked + The Divine #6

The Wicked & Divine #6 - Kieron Gillen

4.5 Stars, Buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology

So I did end up subscribing to this even though in my review of the first volume I said I wasn’t going to.  The waiting for graphic novels sucks but I really should do it to try to save a little  money. In any case, Lucifer is dead and the world is reacting. Laura is hurting, and is upset that she can’t now do any magic.  She ends up meeting Inanna (sp?) and agrees to help her though I wasn’t clear how.

I really like Laura’s character. I like that she’s interracial. She has awesome hair too. But I like how she’s real and very believable. I miss Lucifer, who was a butchy woman. I love the art and the coloring. However,I could have done without the puking scenes. Really? You had to show someone vomiting?

Overall a very good and intense comic. I’m so glad I have 4 or 5 to catch up with the series. Definitely recommend for all graphic novel/comic fans.

Description (Comixology): THE FAUST ACT is over. Welcome to FANDEMONIUM. The second arc of THE WICKED + THE DIVINE begins in its traditional manner (i.e. a ludicrous pun.) We'd say something like "nothing will ever be the same again" but if you think about it, you can say that about literally everything, ever. Er...also some comic story. Probably.