Merry Meerkat Marginalia

The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Book Four: Dinosaur Dilemma

The Misadventures of Salem Hyde - Frank Cammuso

4.5 Stars, Buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology

I absolutely love this series.  It’s a total guilty pleasure. Whammy (the cat) is awesome and is trying to look out for Salem (his human).  Salem gets into her usual trouble this volume using magic and dinosaurs which you know can’t be a good mix. (See below for full description).  I love the silliness of the series. I love the artwork. Pretty much love everything about this series. My one issue with this volume is that all of the coloring is done in yellow. I’m not a big fan of the color yellow. Other than that, this is just about perfect, for both kids and adults who love kid books.

Description (Comixology): Young witch Salem Hyde needs an idea for her science project, and she needs it fast. While on a field trip to the Natural History Museum, Salem decides that dinosaurs are the perfect answer. She uses magic to cut corners but finds that her efforts have disastrous results when the egg she brings home hatches during the night. Good thing Whammy is there to help Salem keep the baby dinosaur out of trouble and clean up this magical mess! Salem and Whammy are an irresistible duo in a book perfect for the youngest independent readers.