Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Jem and the Holograms #2

JEM & THE HOLOGRAMS #2 - IDW Comics

4 Stars, buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology

In this issue, we are introduced to the Misfits.  The girls video is getting tons of hits in an online competition hosted by the Misfits.  Jem and Company agree to help a community center by performing.  A reporter is sniffing around Jem and the girls. Jerrica agrees to go on a date with him. And finally, Stormer from the Misfits goes and has coffee with one of the girls from Jem and the Holograms. (I’m terrible with names so it may be awhile till I have them all down.) Anyway, that’s my short little summary. I’m still liking this a bunch. .I’m still liking the art and colors. I still like the writing. It definitely has the same feel as the cartoon from the 80’s which I grew up on even if the art isn’t copied exactly. Over all still very good and I will continue to read the series. If you liked the cartoon in the 80’s you’d most likely like the comic.

Description: (Comixology): Truly outrageous! JERRICA BENTON is JEM--but does she have what it takes to lead her underdog band against the mega-popular MISFITS?