Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Alex + Ada #13 - Jonathan Luna, Sarah Vaughn

5 Stars, BUY It.

Self Purchase, Comixology

Review below

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  This one ends on one hell of a bloody cliffhanger. However, I do think the next issue comes out tomorrow. I may have to put reading Jem on hold to see what happens. OMG this was soo good. The feels in this issue is incredible. (Grim, you really really need to be reading this buddy!)

Alex is still in shock from losing his grandmother. Ada is in shock from being confronted. Sue has come back to the group after being on the run.   Some dramatic stuff happens next but I don’t want to ruin it for anyone.  I found my heart racing, an emotional response to a Book! (My non reader husband would never get it but thats ok. I still love him).

One thing that I really like about this comic is that it is so very believable. I can see everything that happens in it as a possibility of something that could happen. The art is still very simplistic. That is the only thing I think could improve this comic is better art. That being said, I can understand why they are keeping it simple. But I’m just a big fan of decent art in comics.  Anyhoo, everyone should be reading this series. What a great ride and emotional rollercoaster. I wish I smoked. I need a cigarette after that issue.