Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Book Reviews.

merrymeerkatmarginalia

Y: The Last Man, Volume 8 Kimono Dragons

Y: The Last Man, Vol. 8: Kimono Dragons - Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, Goran Sudžuka, José Marzán Jr.

5 Stars, buy it

It’s been a while since I’ve read the last one in the series. I couldn’t even remember what had been going on the last time I read this series.  So Yorrick and company are in Japan still searching for Ampersand (the monkey for those of us just joining).  He finally does get reunited with him in the 3rd issue I think.  People are also closing in on Yorrick. There’s lots of other drama and a lot of flashbacks for some of the characters.  It’s really a brilliant graphic novel (both writing and artwise) and I regret that I’ve let so many months go by without reading more.  I think there are only two more volumes which makes me sad.  In any case, I highly recommend this series.

Funny Quote from Yorrick: “ How am I supposed to know, Three-Fifty? Tokyo is like the fever dream of a gay Kryptonian.” Not sure what it really means but it sounds hilarious.

Description: KIMONO DRAGONS brings the hunt for Ampersand—the monkey who could unlock the mystery of the male-killing plague— to its explosive climax, as the last man on Earth and his companions finally reach Japan and discover the truth behind Ampersand's abduction.