Merry Meerkat Marginalia

merrymeerkatmarginalia

The Sekhmet Bed

The Sekhmet Bed (The She-King) (Volume 1) - L. M. Ironside

Star Rating: 4.5 Stars, Buy it

Self Purchase, Kindle Edition.

I’m not sure if the characters in the book are based on real people from way back when or not. The story is a page turner and well done. The characters are believable and of course my favorite is Ahmose, who is the main character in the book. I found this to be a well done story with some anxiety provoking moments but nothing too intense that I couldn’t handle. I’ve already purchased the next one in the series to see where this goes. It definitely made me a bit emotional and several times I got so wrapped up in the book that I almost missed my metro stops.

Publisher summary: Is Ahmose's divine gift a blessing or a curse? The second daughter of the Pharaoh, Ahmose has always dreamed of a quiet life as a priestess, serving Egypt's gods, ministering to the people of the Two Lands. But when the Pharaoh dies without an heir, she is given instead as Great Royal Wife to the new king – a soldier of common birth. For Ahmose is god-chosen, gifted with the ability to read dreams, and it is her connection to the gods which ensures the new Pharaoh his right to rule. Ahmose's...