Merry Meerkat Marginalia

I'll Give you the Sun

I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson

5 Stars, buy it

Self Purchase, Kindle Edition

First Impression:The book does a fantastic job of drawing you into Noah and Jude’s world. Noah is a gay teen and the way the author portrays what it’s like to be a gay teen is fantastic.

Plot/Storyline: This is the story of Noah, the gay teen and Jude his twin sister. They used to be very close, but art literally gets in the way, as well as the death of their mother. Jude talks to ghosts, only her mother and grandmother however. Both Jude and Noah are very memorable characters. At first I only liked Noah, but once more went on with Jude, I started liking her as well.

Wow. What an emotional rollercoaster. I’m exhausted from all the feels.  And don’t get me going on the plot twists which I totally did not see coming.  I’m really not surprised that NPR had this as one of their best books of 2014 books.  The writing was fantastic and you love the characters and they are completely memorable. This may stay with me for awhile. If you like coming of age books you’d most likely love this. Highly recommended.