Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Fray

Fray - Joss Whedon, Andy Owens, Karl Moline

5 Stars, buy it!!!

Self Purchase, Kindle

First Impression: Wow, this seriously has potential (of course I should know this since Joss Whedon wrote this)

Wow. Wow. Wow. This is seriously fantastic. Melaka  Fray is a young woman who finds out she is destined to fight vampires.    I love Melaka, I love her hair. So jealous of it! The creature who attacks her at the beginning looks like Hellboy. Turns out he is there to help train her as she is the chosen one to defeat the vampires.   The vampires, or Lurks as they are sometimes called keep coming after Melaka. It is revealed that the brother of hers who died, was in fact her twin. He did die,but became a vampire and now he is after her as well. More stuff happens but I won’t bore you with the details, just trust me its worth it.

The writing is just amazingly awesome. The art is fantastic.The only thing that I didn’t think wasn’t perfect was the ending, i felt like the ending was a little anti climatic. While I didn’t see the twist coming, I felt the ending was vague and could have been fleshed out more. But despite that, I was still seriously blown away, and I’ll be really surprised if this doesn’t end up on my best of the year of 2015.