Merry Meerkat Marginalia

Legenderry A Steampunk Adventure #1

Legenderry A Steampunk Adventure #1 - Bill Willingham

5 Stars, buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology

I like how spunky and confident the main character is.  The plot was a lot of fun and the main character, a woman kicked some serious bad guy ass. The woman owns a nightclub and mid dinner a woman comes running in screaming for help. The main character, whose name I can’t remember, comes to her rescue and kills the men who were chasing her. It’s determined that the woman needing help was looking into the disappearance of her sister and despite being told to stop looking she kept inquiring. The main character and her companion are determined to help the young woman.

A very promising comic (I think it’s a mini comic in that there are only 7 issues). It’s written by Bill Willingham who is the long time writer of Fables so it’s no surprise its written well. My only complaint is that the women are all busty and are exploding out of their clothes. It’s not a big deal but just a minor annoyance.  It’s supposed to be steampunk but so far, it only seems minorly so. In anycase, I really, really enjoyed this and if you like kick ass women and steampunk I really recommend this. Will go purchase the rest of the series now. :-)