Merry Meerkat Marginalia

SPOILER ALERT!

Exiles Volume 2

Exiles - Vol. 2: A World Apart - Judd Winick, Mike McKone, Jim Calafiore

5 Stars, Buy it

Self Purchase, Comixology purchase. Reread review.

Missed this series. Morphs lines are classics. Love him. I'm not into the Hulk much but he figures into this story. There is a small side story before the volume continues into a different story arc called a World Apart.  Like the first volume, Morph, Nocturne and Blink are my total favorite characters. I love Morph for his sense of humor and he has the best lines ever. Nocturne and Blink are just kick ass females, with Nocturne being the daughter of Nightcrawler.  Blink may have cool parentage as well, but I don’t remember at the moment.  In A World apart story arc, they are sent to a dystopia type world and end up in a hunger games type of situation.  Of course The Hunger Games hasn’t been written when this was but you get my point.   Nocturne is apparently pregnant! ( I sooo don’t remember that!). The expressions of the other Exiles are priceless, especially Morph. And again, Morph has the damn best lines ever!!! The Exiles loose a team member and gain a new one. The last issue is funny. Sun fire and morph spend time together and Sunfire reveals she is gay. Then she and Morph play a prank on the others.

In any case, like the first volume, this is a blast although I’m not a big fan of the Hulk. Great fun. Definitely worth owning.