Merry Meerkat Marginalia

White Witch, Black Curse

White Witch, Black Curse - Kim Harrison

Star Rating: 3.5 Stars, Borrow

Self Purchase, Kindle

I waited a long time between the previous book and this one so I had a bit of a hard time getting back into the swing of the series again.

Love, Love, Love Jenks and I love all of his pixie curses (Tink’s Tampons etc) which always make me laugh out loud. Also, I really, really, really want Ivy and Rachel to hook up permanently.  My one problem with the series or in particular with Rachel’s character, is that she is portrayed as this stupid person. I realize she is supposed to be a young inexperienced witch but sometimes it seems like Ivy and Jenks have to explain some of the simpilest things to her. I find that annoying but not to the point of it ruins the books for me.

This book was sort of all over the place for me. Parts of it were page turners but parts of it were really boring.  Then they had all this build up to a supposed mystery  SPOILER (meaning the murderer of Kistin) but then it turns out not to be such a big thing after all. I was left with the feeling of WTF.  I also felt like the book could have used better editing to smooth out of of the story.  Unlike the Laurell K. Hamilton series which I’ve abandoned because they’ve gotten so terrible, I am still enjoying these even if this one wasn’t the best in the series. I already have the next one sitting on my overly full Kindle but hopefully it won’t be as long as a time til I get to it. Anyway, I’d recommend it, but borrow, I wouldn’t spend money on it.